Saturday, March 24, 2012

An Ending and an Open Door

"I see the poem or the novel ending with an open door." - Michael Ondaatje

Those who have followed this blog over the years knew that I had stopped it for a while. Of course, as one can tell from the posts in the last few months I’ve tried to start posting to it once again. However, I find that Life simply prevents me from continuing it.

I think it's important to note that just because I'm not writing this blog doesn't mean that it's the end of my activism for Economic Democracy. I will continue to work for Economic Democracy yet by other means.

In addition, it would be the height of hubris of me to think that the ongoing struggle for Economic Democracy will be adversely affected simply because I'm not writing a short bi-weekly blog that a few people read. As the character Victor Laszlo in the movie Casablanca said concerning if he and all of the other leaders the Resistance were killed, "… hundreds, thousands would rise up to take our places."

Others will take my place and the struggle will continue without this blog.

According Ondaatje an ending is an open door. I ask my readers to use this open door as a motivation to continue the struggle for a just society.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write
again soon!
Feel free to visit my site :: silverprices247.com